Tuesday 12 November 2013

Controversies & Controversial Controllers

CONTROVERSIES AND CONTROVERSIAL CONTROLLERS IN AFRICA’S POLITY

My last encounter with one of mine bosom friends who I’ve known for ages to be a vocal and vulgar personality ushered in an abrupt moment of thorough meditation to my ever-sensitive senses. He confided in me and told me that the leader of one of the social organizations he happened to be a member was an “intelligent he goat”. Being a leader, the expression blew up my listening pleasure because I was immensely shocked over the degree of vulgarity utilized by the fellow. In order to suit myself, I embraced it as a humour. But on the contrary, he proved to me beyond any reasonable skepticism that that wasn’t a joke by presenting some convincing facts before me. What a world!

I grinned enthusiastically at a certain melodrama I ran into at one time. The scene had to do with an old man who was threatening his younger brother over a certain land dispute they were having. In the midst of the threat, he told him that, if not that he was his blood brother, he would had killed him long ago and convey his corpse to a thick forest. It was preposterous, and humorous too.

Let me face today’s topic squarely. You would bear me witness that, presently, the African continent in its entirety has been overwhelmed by the incessant occurrence of fathomless socio-political controversies coupled with controversial personalities. It’s only he, whom has been observant that would agree with this opinion. Whichever group you might belong, have it in mind that, my interest lies in the way forward because I’m of the view that we all are earnestly yearning for total uplift of the god-gifted continent.

Brethren, the origin of the ongoing pandemonium in African society is discernible. Frankly, myself have discerned it to the fullness. And, any discerning individual would agree with this notion. Honestly, virtually every member of the public is not quite attuned to the ‘origin’ in question; believe me, everybody bar myself seems to be ignorant of this fact. This was why I intended to use this avenue to inform the populace and as well tender the sole panacea to the anomaly.

Firstly, I want to let us know that, Africa is one great race bound by a distinct and remarkable colour. In spite of the fact that few were not privileged to possess that colour, it’s still noted globally as our common identity. And each of the individual countries that makes up the continent is being bound by this unique identity or endowment.

The paramount plight of each of these countries mentioned above is the inability of their respective leaders to acknowledge the single fact that, the country is made up of individuals of common heritage and blood. They cease to desist from the excessive love of themselves at the expensive of their subjects. This singular syndrome has been responsible for the ongoing societal decay in the polity in question, thereby constituting these incessant cacophonies and unending fracas. If only our leaders would understand that we’re of the same blood, then, these socio-political prejudices which I see as a pandemic anomaly would be a thing of the past.

Most of us end-up derailing tremendously especially when a crucial responsibility is entrusted to us. Being a controller ought not to be seen as a privilege to set the entire vicinity you’re bound to control ablaze. Have it in mind that one, whom has been called to serve in a certain position of authority, significantly and apparently has been found with no questionable character and worthy of emulation; thus, should not on any account consider abusing such impeccable honour or privilege.

Come to think of it; why must we see ourselves as people that are not of the same blood? I asked this because I know that the genesis of our predicament is the fact that we find it very difficult to see ourselves as one. Even if we’re not of the same blood or identity which I know for sure that we are, the only avenue we can actualize unity is to assume that fact. There’s no two ways about it.

Sincerely, that unique famous colour (black) is our identity, and that’s our blood; it runs in our respective bodies. The earlier we embrace that fact the better for us. That is the only fact that can liberate us from this heinous bondage, because, no one in his/her right senses would ever think of hurting or destroying his own blood. All in all, Africa is our home, therefore we must all work together to protect its dignity. Yes, synergy coupled with absolute sincerity is the best avenue, and we must embrace it.

My fellow leaders, we really need to readjust our countenances so we wouldn’t be stigmatized by our subjects. We must not continue to operate in isolation in order to hide our dirty lilies, else, they would be left with no choice than to address us as “he goats”. Think about it!

_____________________

COMR. FRED NWAOZOR

frednwaozor@gmail.com

No comments:

Featured post

UZODINMA AND BUHARI’S ‘WORKING VISIT’ TO IMO

by Fred Nwaozor The last time I checked, Imo was conspicuously at it again, hence needs to be re-examined by all-concerned for the good ...

MyBlog

Language Translation

ARCHIVE