Wednesday 12 March 2014

Formidable Unity Among Family Members

THE NEED FOR FORMIDABLE UNITY AMONG FAMILY MEMBERS

Brethren, sincerely you give to me hope and always help me to cope; whenever life pulls me down, the thought of your existence and care brings me around. I’m saying this because, I wouldn’t have make it to this edition due to ill health that befell me barely two nights ago. But the moment I recollected that you can’t cope with my absence on this platform, I was left with no other choice than to stand on my feet once more. Honestly I thank you so much for being there for me.

Please, whenever I say “brethren”, I’m directly referring to the members of my humble congregation, whom at all times remain members of my family; please don’t ask me whom they are, because they know themselves. Frankly, the last time I checked, they were uncountable. Yes the number increases on a daily basis simply because there’s unity amongst us.

Please brethren, do not leave me for a second because if you do, the little drops of anguish will all run together, and the smoke that roams looking for a home will drift into me choking my lost heart. Please let’s remain together because we’re progressing geometrically; yes, even the blind can see it. Why I’m pleading for steadfastness of this ongoing unity in our family is because, missing someone and not being able to see him/her is the worst feeling ever.

Few weeks ago, I happened to be in the midst of a certain family comprising of a father, mother and two children, in Abuja. My visit which lasted for one week brought a revelation to my person. Prior to the visit, little did I know that, the family had been living in shambles for over one calendar year; a certain melodrama that was displayed before me by the couple in question summarized every bit of it to my person. Before I left the home, I told myself that that was a challenge to my humble person; on that note, I concluded that, I must restore normalcy (unity) in that family, and I thank God my vision came to past. Thus, my mission was accomplished. Can somebody say, Hallelujah?

The topic before us remains, the essence of unity amongst family members. In a concise and precise term, a family is a group of people who are related to each other. You can put up your own definition in a language it would suit your person; but whenever you do so, endeavour to remember that, a family is simply a group of persons with the same motive.

For instance, “Imo” as a state is a family, likewise any other state across the federation. Mind you, every family has a head, and the head remains the leader. In other words, the head of any family oversees the activity of the members of the family. Though some families might not have constitution or bye-law that stipulates this remark, but the fact remains that, every family is bound to have “a head”. Let’s ride on!

Presently, going through most families across the globe, you will observe with me that a lot of things have profoundly gone wrong as a result of lack of unity. Yes recently, several anomalies have set into most families due to the aforementioned factor.

Honestly, I so much believe in the efficacy of unity, because I’m personally aware that, it’s only unity that guarantees peace. And unequivocally, without peace, there will never be progress in any family; QED. Believe me, there’s no two ways about it.

Certainly, misunderstanding is expected to set in, in any family because we’re all gifted with different mentality, and such anomaly (misunderstanding) often leads to separation or estrangement among some members of the family. But I still strongly believe that, no matter how grievous the separation among the members of any family might seem, there is still need for total turnaround if the members are still interested in actualizing the object(s) of the family.

At this juncture, I urge each of everyone of us to have a rethink and as well search our respective consciences, with the motive of restoring unity in any family we belong to. And, as you embrace a rethink, don’t forget to note that, the head of any family invariably remains the leader. And the leader is expected to be in charge irrespective of the circumstance. Therefore, respect must be accorded to any leader by his/her subjects. In addition, some of us are blessed with the talent of settling any form of family dispute; if you possess such rare idiosyncrasy, please do not misuse it because it’s a very potent one.

For crying out loud, there’s joy in togetherness; there’s love in sharing; and there’s always oneness whenever respect is sustained. But any leader must acknowledge the fact that, he/she remains the head and backbone of the family in question, thus, must lead by example.

Surely, every family regardless of its nature – be it social, religious, political, or what have you, deserves a formidable unity in order to foster peace, so that, progress must be guaranteed. And I don’t think there’s anyone in his or her right senses that doesn’t pray for progress or success on a daily basis. Think about it!


____________________
FRED NWAOZOR

frednwaozor@gmail.com

No comments:

Featured post

UZODINMA AND BUHARI’S ‘WORKING VISIT’ TO IMO

by Fred Nwaozor The last time I checked, Imo was conspicuously at it again, hence needs to be re-examined by all-concerned for the good ...

MyBlog

Language Translation

ARCHIVE