Thursday 3 April 2014

My Solidarity Message to the New Imo State Police Commissioner

MY SOLIDARITY MESSAGE TO THE NEW IMO STATE POLICE BOSS

Brethren, do you know that worry does nothing but steal your joy, and as well keep you very busy doing nothing? In case you were yet to know, believe me, this is nothing but a fact. This is why I always ask you to free yourself and fly; and to actualize this, you must accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence, and most importantly, face your future without fear.

You must thoroughly abide by the above rule if you really wish to distance your person from worry. Thus, you must not take thoroughness for granted when dealing with any matter, if you’re really interested in coming up with the best at the end of the long run.

Lest I forget; few days ago while going through one of the social media I’m addicted to, Facebook precisely, I came across a certain striking news that amused my person greatly. Reportedly, a certain woman in the person of Misao Okawa at the age of 116, who happens to hail from Japan in Asia, was posed as the world’s oldest person. Quickly I asked myself, on what ground did the reporters conclude that this woman was the oldest in the world; were they able to locate all the local or remote localities in the universe before arriving at such amusing conclusion. In other words, did they embrace thoroughness why carrying out their research? Honestly I’m so concerned about thoroughness because I sincerely believe in its efficacy. Please, pardon the digression.

Let’s face the business of the day squarely. And, if the said business must be faced thoroughly, then I wish to quickly remind you of what we have for today, for the interest of those of us with low memory, coupled with those who are just coming. Our business for today remains, my proposed open solidarity message to the current Imo State Police boss who came into the ‘Eastern Heartland’ barely few weeks ago. I proposed to present this message/note because of the interest I’ve for humanitarianism, coupled with activism. As a Crime/Social analyst, and a devoted activist as well, my soul won’t be at rest if I fail to present this piece.

Surely, no doubt, change remains the only constant factor in life; even an imbecile comprehends this language to the fullness. This is the reason we all must be willing and ready to welcome and embrace change at all time. For instance, barely two months ago, we received the striking news that the former Imo State Police Commissioner (boss), among some other state commissioners, would be redeployed to other different police quarters in the country. A news that totally placed my person to a state of imbroglio; needless to say that, I was partially paralyzed. But what else could I do, than to accept the existence of ‘change’, in good faith. Yes, change is our fate, and we must always accept it in good faith. Let’s ride on!

It’s no longer news that a new Police Commissioner in the person of CP Abdulmajid Ali, has arrived in the state, and as well resumed duty. Believe me, prior to his arrival, I prayed vigorously and fervently to God to ensure that someone of higher competence occupies the vacant seat. And, as I’m communicating to you right now, I’m duly convinced that my prayer was answered. So many signs which I’ve observed so far in respect to this, are the proof to my presumption.

The statement the man in question made the day he was formerly hosted (received) by the Governor of Imo State, Chief Rochas Okorocha, which I’ll never forget in a hurry, was one of the signs I just mentioned. On that fateful day, at the Government House – Owerri, Monday February 17 – 2014 to be precise, he unequivocally made it clear that, he was in the state for serious assignment and warned criminals to steer clear of the state, with the view that he would make the state extremely hot for them; he further stated that, he was not in the state for a ‘tea party’. Another comment he made that impressed me was the warning he issued to politicians against heating up the polity, thereby stating that, he would not tolerate lawlessness on the parts of the politicians in the state.

That simply means, beyond any reasonable doubt, he’s here for nothing but business, as it was left by his predecessor. And his business remains, protection of lives and property. Above all, I’ve personally gone through his past records, and they were very impressive.

I sincerely pray that, he would never derail from that candid statement he made openly on that special and historic day. I really want him to deliver far more than his immediate predecessor. And, to actualize this, there are some tangible facts he must note.

First and foremost, he must be willing to work with everyone. In other words, his doors must be open for those who are into like business with him. When I mention ‘like business’, I simply mean similar business. We’re on security matter, therefore, there’s no need to expatiate. As a security guru, I expect him to understand my language fully.

Secondly Sir, endeavour to maintain and enhance the ongoing Community Policing in the state. And to actualize this, all hands must be on deck; in a nutshell, every dick and harry has a quota to contribute. Suffice to say; this routine requires absolute and thorough networking. Thus, no facet of the state is expected to be left behind. Inter alia, our borders ought to remain formidable to ensure that, no bad egg enters the state.

Above all, my honourable Commissioner, please I encourage you to be media friendly, so that, everyone in the state would be duly informed on what’s happening in the state as regards security. Believe me, media is a very veritable tool requires in eradication of crimes or societal social-vices. When I say ‘media’, I’m referring to both the print and electronic aspects.

I want you to note Sir, that, Imolites are right behind you. Every patriotic occupant of the state is willing to support your administration. Yes, we’re sincerely by your side because, we anticipate nothing less than the best from this mission. Summarily, we expect nothing but thoroughness from you and your ebullient team.

I also want to disclose to you that, the entire members of Imo Fans Fortress (IMOFAF) – a Non Governmental Organization that fosters unionism among all Imo occupants, which Comrade Fred Nwaozor is the Founder/Leader, are ever ready to work hand-in-glove with your leadership. The interest of Imo as a whole is IMOFAF’s paramount concern, therefore, it must assist anyone who is sincerely willing and ready to protect or safeguard the four-corners of the state.

At this juncture, I say, you’re highly welcome to the Eastern Heartland, Sir. But don’t forget, for you to serve us better, you must see yourself as an indigene of the state; that is, as one whose blood runs in the state. Think about it, while I continue to pray for you and your entire team!



FRED NWAOZOR

frednwaozor@gmail.com

No comments:

Featured post

UZODINMA AND BUHARI’S ‘WORKING VISIT’ TO IMO

by Fred Nwaozor The last time I checked, Imo was conspicuously at it again, hence needs to be re-examined by all-concerned for the good ...

MyBlog

Language Translation

ARCHIVE