Monday 2 June 2014

Oru East TC-Chairman's Speech, During The Recent Children's Day Celebration

THE WELCOME ADDRESS PRESENTED BY ORU EAST TRANSITION COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN, HON. BARR. OBINNA AUGUSTUS AMAGWULA DURING THE CHILDREN’S DAY CELEBRATION CEREMONY, TODAY TUESDAY MAY 27, 2014




PROTOCOLS

I’m immensely glad to be in your midst today for this historic event. It has always been a thing of joy for me to celebrate the children, because I strongly believe that our future solely depends on them.

When I was a child, I was always looking forward to embrace May 27 of every year otherwise known as ‘The Children’s day’, because it was a day that used to give me a sense of belonging in the society I belonged to. Those days as a kid, I and my contemporary were often citing a poem that would unfold May 27 in earnest.

Today, till this moment I’m standing before you, I can’t stop being filled with the nostalgia of our childhood days owing to the fact that, we celebrated a day like this to the fullness. Suffice to say; such good memories of the past wouldn’t have been possible if the Children’s Day is not observed in Nigeria.

Even as a full-fledged adult, sometimes when I found myself in an occasion like this, I feel as if I’m still a child simply because I know how well we celebrated the Children’s Day during our time. In the same vein, most times in my lonely mood, it is usually the memory of a day like this that keeps me going. Frankly, there’s so much to remember about May 27. This is why I often advise anyone I come across never to stay away from whatever nature has mandated his/her peer group to do.

Today, I stand here before you as the Transition committee Chairman of Oru East LGA to tell you how good I feel to be the Chief Host of this great occasion. Honestly since I assumed office as the TC-Chairman of this LGA, I have been longing to celebrate the ever famous ‘May 27’ and as well celebrate my fellow children.

Yes, I sincerely address you as my ‘fellow children’ due to the fact that, it is only when I feel like a child that I mostly have the privilege to engage in those things my innermost spirit wants me to do thereby enabling me discharge my duties effectively and efficiently, because it is only a child’s heart that has most of the qualities required to attain greatness. I therefore urge each of everyone of us gathered here today to embark on a thorough research on the statement I just made to ascertain its truism.

Among all, I’m using this medium to urge you to continue praying for the release of the school girls that were abducted in Chibok, Bornu State few weeks ago by the Boko Haram sect. Surely, it is worthy to note that the parents of those abducted teenagers are seriously in pains on a daily basis. I would like us to share this pain with them by praying for the safety and as well the release of those innocent students.

I’m also pleading with us not to give up on Nigeria. I’ve a very strong feeling that Nigeria would bounce back again. The only way we could be helpful to this great nation in this challenging period, is to remain faithful and prayerful.

I cannot conclude this speech without appreciating all the leaders of this council, the clergy, gentlemen of the Press, and the traditional rulers who found time to embrace this ceremony. I also want to commend in a very special way all the Transition Committee Councillors and the entire staff of this LGA, most especially the Director of Administration and General Services, Mrs. Ifunanya Ogbenta, for all their tireless efforts to ensure that this event becomes successful.

Once again my fellow children and our amiable teachers, I welcome you all to this year’s celebration of the Children’s day which we couldn’t wait to embrace. Don’t forget; as you celebrate, everyone you see here today is also celebrating.

I wish all of us safe trips back to our respective destinations. I pray that we shall all live to celebrate another Children’s Day and in a grand style.

Thank you and remain blessed!





------------------------------------------------------

HON. BARR. OBINNA AMAGWULA

TC-CHAIRMAN, ORU EAST LGA



No comments:

Featured post

UZODINMA AND BUHARI’S ‘WORKING VISIT’ TO IMO

by Fred Nwaozor The last time I checked, Imo was conspicuously at it again, hence needs to be re-examined by all-concerned for the good ...

MyBlog

Language Translation

ARCHIVE