Monday 14 July 2014

Rampant Establishment of Brothels

RAMPANT ESTABLISHMENT OF BROTHELS


Greetings brethren. Frankly I would have said that my previous night was deadly if not that I foresaw the concentration of angels in an arena situated very close to my residence. Nevertheless, what I’m saying in essence is that I had a very bad and devastating dream in the previous night.

Please I want to ask you a question. What would you do if eventually you woke up in the early morning of a certain day to see an imaginary creature standing right before your bed, and thereafter vanishes into thin air within a twinkle of an eye?

I want us to attend to the above question without mincing words. Believe me, if I happened to be the victim of the aforementioned circumstance, what I would do is very simple; honestly I will never step beyond the entrance to my bed room throughout that day. Please don’t bother asking me what I would be doing indoors afterwards, because being a prayer warrior, I must create a scene that would comprised ‘Mountain of fire’ or vice-versa.

Penultimate week, Tuesday to be precise, a bosom relative of mine called from the city of Calabar in Cross-River State; the fellow was formerly residing in Owerri. During the phone conversation, he unequivocally disclosed to me that he was thinking, albeit ignorantly, that Owerri has the highest number of brothels; but on the contrary, recently he had fully realized that there was no place like Calabar regarding the menace.

Sincerely, I’m here or I came to this crusade to discuss Nigeria as a whole, not just Owerri or Calabar as the case might be. Then if Nigeria in her entirety must be considered, then the truth ought to be upheld because Nigeria is not a country that condoles falsehoods. Someone may say from his understanding that I’m just being sarcastic, but the singular fact remains that Nigeria is the only country I wholly love or deeply cherish.

If the proposed truth must be told, then I would say without mincing words that, the current manner in which the establishment of brothels is being condoled across the Nigerian society as well as other African nations has become a thing of enormous concern especially in this period we are being faced with tremendous security challenges.

Sometime ago in Abuja the Federal capital Territory (FCT), the existence of brothels was frankly put to stop thereby creating an arena where all the resident pimps were seen packing their bags and baggage. The idea was introduced and sold by the Minister of FCT, Mr. Bala Mohammed. In spite of such severe action taken by the authority, presently it seems such measure never took place in Abuja, because the harlots as well as their pimps now operate in disguise. Needless to say that, some persons really need to be called to order. Let’s ride on!

The other day, someone was telling me that if properly checked, the number of hotels in Imo State exceeds three hundred (300). I wasn’t surprise because I knew he was appraising facts or would I say, he was not exaggerating. Since I knew there’s nothing wrong in setting up a hotel; even, I wish to become a hotelier soonest. Having concurred to his statement, I asked him if he could give me the estimate of the brothels in the state in question. He sadly responded that that of brothels was innumerable. Isn’t it amazing?

Surely, a lot of people really need to be called to order. We can’t continue to live as tenants in our tenement. Thus, we’ve the right to decide how we want our home to be or look like. In other words, it is our right, not a privilege. In a society like ours, one doesn’t need to speak extensively concerning a criminal related issue because it’s widely assumed that every dick and harry in Nigeria is wise. Therefore I choose to be discreet. I thank God my message has been sent and understood too.

Notwithstanding, I’m expected to drop a suggestion prior to my exit or before I drop my humble pen. I’m using this avenue to call on the legislative bodies in Nigeria to enact a formidable law bearing capital punishment in regard to putting this menace to the history book. Thereafter, a relevant agency or task force ought to be set up towards ensuring that the proposed law is not swept under the carpet.

This matter calls for urgent and drastic attention owing to the fact that it is eating deep in our blood vessel to the extent that even those in coma could feel it. I’m quite aware that the anomaly is ubiquitous the world over, but it’s obvious that ours is taking a different shape.

Honestly brethren, someone or some persons must be called to order before a calamity or something more deadly happens. Of course it’s no longer news that the issue is already deadly; I don’t want to mention how many souls that have been buried as a result of this aberration.

I’m only interested in restoring normalcy. For crying out loud, I wouldn’t like the nightmare I had previous night to repeat itself. Enough is enough. Think about it!


_______________________
FRED DOC NWAOZOR

frednwaozor@gmail.com

No comments:

Featured post

UZODINMA AND BUHARI’S ‘WORKING VISIT’ TO IMO

by Fred Nwaozor The last time I checked, Imo was conspicuously at it again, hence needs to be re-examined by all-concerned for the good ...

MyBlog

Language Translation

ARCHIVE