Sunday 4 November 2018

POEM I What Hurts Most



By Chioma Love Enwerem

I do not lose sleep
When you hush me
To blow your trumpet.

I do not frown
When you munch cake
Meant for two.

I do not howl
When you pick
On my wound.

I do not quit
When your footsteps
Halt my lively laughter.

I do not hate you
When your dry smiles
Make me freeze.

But I weep when you
Dance naked
In the market square
Where thousand eyes
Feast on your naked body
And chant your emptiness.

Yes, I weep!
I do weep!!

Dr. Enwerem, a poet, educationist & social crusader, 
wrote in via chiomashedrach@gmail.com

No comments:

Featured post

UZODINMA AND BUHARI’S ‘WORKING VISIT’ TO IMO

by Fred Nwaozor The last time I checked, Imo was conspicuously at it again, hence needs to be re-examined by all-concerned for the good ...

MyBlog

Language Translation

ARCHIVE