Monday 7 October 2013

Sadism

SADISM: GRUESOME SCHOOL OF THOUGHT


Brethren, sometimes one may choose/prefer to remain a mere onlooker over an ongoing ugly scenario, because, some discussions or deliberations might warrant an unprecedented wanton action. It’s in the same vein that an individual or a group accepts a certain humiliation in good faith; simply because, vengeance is likely to have the tendency/potential of constituting a third world war. Suffice to say that in the eyes of many, some anomalies are better left untreated.

The last time I checked, fanaticism and extremism remained the order of the day in the global society. During the investigation (inquiry), I also fully understood that the founders or prime (key) actors of the untold bloody activities resulting from the aforementioned global scenario were among our apex ‘leaders’. A moment that almost brought me to a comatose state. Believe me, when I tried to unravel the mystery, it appeared I was nearly close to the forbidden ‘six feet’. Nevertheless, I’ll continue to abide by the truth because I’ve already taken an oath not to be discouraged by any circumstance I might find myself.

It’s inconsequential to remind us of the topic of today because I’m personally of the view that it’s boldly written, therefore it’s expected to be legible in the sight of all and sundry. Notwithstanding, I wish to inform you that we’re discussing one of the gruesome school of thoughts in existence. Lest I forget; in subsequent to my immediate previous edition which laid emphasis on ‘courtship’, someone (a colleague) jokingly called to remind me that I was still single, therefore wasn’t licensed to write on that (courtship). Well, I thanked him for reminding me that I needed to settle down. Let’s ride on!

Sadism is a behaviour in which a person drives pleasure from hurting other people and making them suffer. It could also be addressed as an excitement felt from hurting/humiliating other individuals or groups.

At this juncture, I humbly asked; how can one in his/her real senses drive pleasure/excitement from seeing other persons being hurt, even if he/she wasn’t the cause. Then, considering the fact that you were the one that hurt them and still drive pleasure from such act; isn’t it absurd, or doesn’t it sound inhumane?

Though if properly checked right from our respective childhood stages, we would understand that we all have sinned in one occasion or the other, ignorantly or soberly, as a result of such ridiculous/evil act; but the situation whereby some persons indulge in the act on a daily basis or has taken it to be their way of life is a point this edition is actually driving at. How can one wake up in the morning from his/her bed and decides or makes up his mind to ensure that his neighbours live to regret their existence on earth.

The other day, I was privileged to glance at a certain home movie. The bone of contention of the story line was that a certain young man’s fiancĂ©e was snatched from him by his so called best friend while he was on a three-year study leave overseas. On the other hand, barely two days ago, I came across the news of one barbaric act on social media, facebook precisely; I learnt that a man in his early thirties drugged his girl friend who was still a virgin in his personal lodge, and subsequently the lady in question was raped to a state of coma. According to the news, I understood the lady regained her consciousness in the process and started screaming, but unfortunately the man persisted till she fainted.

Of course, all these wanton destruction of lives and property such as massacre, genocide, arson and what have you, taking place on a daily basis in all nooks and crannies are attributable to this aforementioned gruesome school of thought known as sadism. The most painful and devastating aspect of these deadly scenes is that some of those we entrust our collective future on, are the major constituent of the group of sadists.

Brethren, where have our consciences gone, that we find it very difficult to comprehend the efficacy of fellowship, unionism and absolute sincerity? Mind you, one who chooses to murder the happiness of others have as well chosen to murder the entire members of his/her fourth generation to come. Think about it!


______________________
COMR. FRED NWAOZOR

frednwaozor@gmail.com

No comments:

Featured post

UZODINMA AND BUHARI’S ‘WORKING VISIT’ TO IMO

by Fred Nwaozor The last time I checked, Imo was conspicuously at it again, hence needs to be re-examined by all-concerned for the good ...

MyBlog

Language Translation

ARCHIVE