Monday 28 November 2016

The Intriguing Side of Madumere



THE INTRIGUING FEATURES OF MADUMERE
       The last time I checked, Prince Eze Madumere remained the Deputy Governor of the famous Imo State. Since he took over from the embattled Jude Agbaso as the number two citizen of the state, I have been painstakingly observing his person with a keen interest, though from a distance.
       Lest I forget, this piece was informed solely by the compelling need to appraise facts as regards the aforementioned leader. Suffice it to say; there’s no hidden interest that occasioned the timely emergence of this critique. Yes, I addressed it as ‘timely’ because I’m deeply of the view that this is the ripe and best moment to present this picture, if not video. I would only enjoin you to employ adequate attention as you peruse through the candid analysis; this is the only debt you owe me as far as this presentation is concerned.
       If I’m not mistaken, this is the very first time I would present an analysis on the said politician. If I have done any in the past, maybe that was in my dream. I understand the language, or the literally meaning, of ‘There is time for everything under the Sun’ as stipulated in Ecclesiastes 3:1 in the Holy Book. Hence, I only do something when I think it is needed, and not otherwise. If you have been following me in this crusade, you would duly concur with this assertion.
       You may be of the notion that I’m employing suspense. On the contrary, I’m only trying to do the needful. Any work done, especially in the pen world, without a proper background, would seem meaningless and weird. So, I’m trying to present the consequential and required background for the awaited exegesis. Notwithstanding, lest I digress, I think it’s high time we began before it becomes too late. If not for anything, for the sake of space; I’m bound to utilize a limited space on this column.
       I wish to commence with a question. How much do you know Prince Madumere’s political lifestyle? If little is the answer, then relax because you would get to know more right now. Unlike my person that doesn’t pay much attention to Nigerian politicians because I see almost all of them as fake, I abruptly developed an indelible interest in the Imo deputy governor owing to the uniqueness attached to his personality. He has succeeded in disabusing me of the notion that every Nigerian politician is not real; he has proven that some are different. I know those who do something commendable just to be captured by paparazzi; and I and my likes equally know those who genuinely participate in suchlike activity. Prince Madumere belongs to the latter.
       Before I proceed, I wish to let us know that I know nothing about Prince Madumere’s family life. I don’t know about his wife, neither do I know how many children he is blessed with. If you ask me how often he goes to church, I would tell you I know absolutely nothing about him. If you also ask me about his childhood, I would say I know nothing regarding him. Similarly, if you succeed in asking me where his wife hails from, I would boldly respond that I don’t even know a bit about him. But if you inquire from me about his political lifestyle, I would categorically tell you that I know everything about him.
       His humility as a politician is unparalleled. He walks and talks unnoticed, unlike an average politician in Nigeria let alone a number two citizen of a highly revered state in the country. He’s a true humanitarian. Few months ago, he was allowed to alight first from a certain airline that landed in Abuja, in which he was one of the passengers. The moment he got down the steps, he casually turned back and observed an elderly man struggling with his luggage while alighting the steps; surprisingly, he stretched out his hand to assist the man, thus he personally carried his luggage into the waiting shuttle bus. A close friend of mine who intimated me on this happened to be one of the passengers; according to him, he, likewise other passengers, was filled with goose pimples on that fateful day on observing what transpired. This is just one out of the many he had graciously done.
       Have you watch him speak in a public domain? If you haven’t, then you are really missing. He speaks like a man who thinks deeply before he talks. He apparently comprehends the essence of thinking before a statement is made. If you have been with me ab initio, you would notice I often urge people to ‘think about it’ because I’m strongly of the opinion that thought begets good action. In other words, one who fails to think before acting is bound to encounter failure or crisis in the long run; read my lips. Believe me, I’ve not found him wanting, for once, since I’ve been following his public speeches. From my understanding, he’s a learned man to the core.
       Mind you; I don’t have any personal relationship with Prince Madumere, neither do I have any business with him or any of his relatives. And I’m not anticipating any. Like I earlier stated, I was only implored by my spirit to do this. What actually triggered my humble pen, aside the mentioned instigation, was his cordial and unalloyed relationship with the Imo governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha. Unlike most other politicians who got intoxicated as soon as they tasted power, Madumere’s case is exceptional. The Igbo people would invariably say that any fowl that forgets where it was first drenched by the rain would likely not get to its destination. This implies that one ought to never forget where he is coming from. Prince Madumere seems to be always cautious of this wise saying, hence, he is liable to be successful in his endeavours.
       He appears like one whose conscience is always awake. You and I are not unaware that the conscience of most prominent Nigerians, not just politicians, are ostensibly asleep at all times. But that of Prince Madumere looks not unlike one that is never asleep. I have gathered from reliable sources how he always tries to carry his followers along, particularly those who had contributed towards his success story in one way or the other. Though an average politician look forward to creating scenes so that his/her name would go to the press, Madumere apparently tries to avoid uproars. He prefers to keep to himself than to end up creating a scene. Sometimes I got baffled if he’s really a politician.
       He reminds me of Capt. Emmanuel Iheanacho. The duo remain the two politicians from Imo State I have a soft spot for. I wish Imo electorate would acknowledge only those who have something to offer rather than laying emphasis on party affiliation. However, I pray he won’t change like a chameleon if he emerges the state’s governor someday. Think about it! 


FDN Nwaozor
Follow: @mediambassador  
       

              
         

No comments:

Featured post

UZODINMA AND BUHARI’S ‘WORKING VISIT’ TO IMO

by Fred Nwaozor The last time I checked, Imo was conspicuously at it again, hence needs to be re-examined by all-concerned for the good ...

MyBlog

Language Translation

ARCHIVE