Monday 24 February 2014

African Leadership Tussle

NATURE OF LEADERSHIP TUSSLE IN AFRICAN SOCIETY


Brethren, I can’t seize to greet you or recognize your presence each time I stand on this podium; or, whenever I face this noble congregation. Because, no doubt without you, there wouldn’t be me. Needless to say that, I indeed love you all. Suffice to say; each time I remember you, I grin.

Last night, I unusually encountered a very horrible dream. I won’t disclose to you the real content of the said dream but the factual point remains that, the true nature of it was horrendous. Also, I won’t tell you whom the dream concerns or is related to. Maybe I’m trying to be discreet.

Lest I forget; whenever you have a nightmare, the first thing you must do as soon as you wake up is to search your conscience. Yes, at that point, you would be expected to ask yourself some certain vital questions. By thoroughly searching your conscience, you would ascertain if your person deserves the reality of the nightmare. Then having done that, the next thing you would do is to totally submit yourself to your creator. Only you knows whom you call or regard as your ‘creator’. Having submitted yourself to your creator, the last but not the least thing you must do is to ensure that you abstain completely from anything whatsoever that has the tendency of attracting the wrath of the nightmare. Thus, you must in subsequent time, be extremely careful and as well apply deep caution. But mind you; some nightmares are hallucinations. The treatment of such anomaly is related to psychotherapy rather than religious or physical means.

Few weeks ago, a friend who used to be my colleague called me on phone from Canada where he presently resides. Amazingly, instead of asking me of Nigeria in particular, he came up with the issue of Africa in its entirety. His first question after the usual exchange of pleasantry was, ‘How is Africa?’ To be frank, initially I expected him to commence with Imo State which I know he also hails from, but on the contrary, he derailed. Though I wouldn’t say he derailed because I’m of the view that, he was deeply touched and concerned over the issue of African polity in general. Honestly, if I were in his shoes, I would do same; or would I say, I would have ‘derailed’ too.

In respect to my friend’s enquiry, firstly I hurriedly informed him that the African society as a whole was still battling with her usual ‘bloody’ nature as regards leadership tussle. I further told him that, that of the recent time has been quite alarming and more bloodier, instead of being less due to the unfriendly experiences encountered in the past. Finally, I candidly disclosed to him that, we’re the cause of our plights because we’ve failed to embrace sincerity coupled with transparency. Let’s ride on!

Frankly, I unequivocally state that from my singular view, we Africans are the sole cause of the ongoing predicament that has been predominant in our polity. If not, how can someone in his/her ‘right senses’ continue to adore self-deceit, which I had earlier tagged as one of the most psychological problems being faced by mankind? Maybe you don’t seem to comprehend the above critique that might seem harsh; so, let me make the picture more clearer.

How can a person who rightly knows that ‘A’ is the sole answer to a given question continue ticking ‘B’ from the option provided regardless of the damages such lackadaisical attitude is bringing to his/her person? Isn’t it abnormal or sort of ‘mental disorder’? In other words, our problem is strictly psychological. Take it anywhere, and I shall prove it to you in a language you would understand easily.

It’s no longer news that, my parents hail from Africa, I was born in Africa, and presently I reside in Africa, Nigeria to be precise. Therefore, at my age and status, I’m in the right position to know fully the actual origin (genesis), features, and fate of the universal polity of the African society with regard to the nature of her ongoing leadership tussle.

Africa is a continent specially created and blessed with enormous human and natural resources. Inter alia, it’s blessed with various human and agricultural friendly atmospheric conditions. Still, it remains one of the most poorest continents across the globe, which is not unconnected to the manner in which the respective countries that constitute the continent elect their leaders. Though, I sincerely thank God that, in spite of the level of the decadence, her (African) subjects seem to remain hyper-exuberant and tireless.

Brethren, at this juncture I tell you, it’s high time for holistic deliverance. Yes we have collectively sinned greatly, thus, we must all rise for this long awaited thorough penance and psychological deliverance because this is the rightful and ripe time for it. Mind you, we might not be opportune to embrace a second chance. On this note, I say, Africa arise. Think about it!

______________________

FRED NWAOZOR

frednwaozor@gmail.com

No comments:

Featured post

UZODINMA AND BUHARI’S ‘WORKING VISIT’ TO IMO

by Fred Nwaozor The last time I checked, Imo was conspicuously at it again, hence needs to be re-examined by all-concerned for the good ...

MyBlog

Language Translation

ARCHIVE