Monday 24 February 2014

Farewell Note To The Outgone Imo State Police Commissioner

MY FAREWELL NOTE TO THE OUTGONE IMO STATE POLICE COMMISSIONER

Brethren, I want to use this avenue to candidly disabuse you of the belief that, any child born with a ‘silver spoon’ can attain to his/her desired height regardless of the level of effort involved. Let me quickly use this wonderful opportunity to remind you of my usual citation which states that, any child is a product of nature and nurture. Believe me, I grew up to train myself with such belief; and it’s a fancy fact.

Let me throw more light on what I mean by a child being a product of ‘nature and nurture’. Considering nature; you would bear me witness that, any child is formed, born and sustained by the sole effort of nature. On the other hand; for any born child to be a useful member of the family he/she hails from, he must had been well nurtured by the family in question. In other words, a child can never be useful to either his family or society without passing through a thorough and severe nurture by his/her parents or guardian.

I wish to put up a brief question at this juncture. And the question is; have you ever for once dreamt of seeing your junior colleague or your younger one at home chasing you for the sole purpose of intimidating you? Such manner of dream is not unconnected to witnessing a scene whereby the Secretary of a certain club/society presides over the club’s meeting right in the presence of the president of the said club. Believe me, anyone in his right senses who witnesses such dream or scenario must be bemused thereby embracing a state of incapacity. Nevertheless, pardon me for I’ve digressed.

Few weeks ago, during my last trip to Enugu State for a business transaction, as soon as I switched on my radio set for the news of the day, I was informed that the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Abubakar had ordered the redeployment, with immediate effect, of eighteen (18) Police Commissioners to various Commands and Formations of the Force across the federation. On receiving the striking news, I quickly picked up my phone and dialed the phone number of one of my fellow Imo State based Social activists to ascertain if the state in question was affected. Shockingly, the crusader told me that Imo State was one of the affected states. Honestly, I abruptly became devastated and incapacitated by the mode of the message. Truly, the information took my person to a state of incapacity. In fact, the news was really a shocker.

As an Imo State based Crime/Social analyst, I’m in a good and better position to inform you that the outgoing Imo State Commissioner of Police, CP Mohammed Musa Katsina, has recorded tremendous achievements in the history of the state in the area of security or Protection of lives and property. Suffice to say that, the pronouncement of his redeployment from the state wasn’t just a shocker to my person, but to the state at large. The 637 autonomous communities in the state would testify to this fact.

Without mincing words, prior to the inception of duty of the outgoing Police Commissioner, the crime rate in Imo State was unquantifiable; a condition that kept the entire occupants of the State in a state of imbroglio. Even the blind could see as at then that, Imo was right in the hands of our enemies. Let’s ride on!

Since the stay of the outgoing CP and his entire team in Imo State, it has been as if God has finally answered the prayers of the occupants of the state in its entirety, as regards security. Everyone has been sleeping with his/her eyes well closed, unlike as it was in the past. Inter alia, it was only during his time/administration, that I understood fully, the real meaning and essence of Community Policing; every nook and cranny of the state has been totally under control till date. Needless to say; the outgoing Police boss was not just a ‘silencer’, but a God-sent.

I also want to use this medium to appreciate the pleasant Governor of the great State, Chief Rochas Okorocha, for his vigorous mission to see that the crime rate in the state is reduced to the barest minimum; I can’t thank him enough.

I sincerely want to inform the entire Imolites that, CP Mohammed Katsina came to nurture the security structure of the gigantic state (Imo) which was founded by nature itself. This was the only reason we were able to attain the present desired and anticipated height. My prayer remains that, his successor would work more effectively and efficiently to see that Imo got to its Promise-land.

My impeccable outgoing CP Sir, we all pray that as you leave Imo for a tougher and more challenging concernment ahead, God in His infinite mercy would continue to guide and guard you till you arrive at the peak of your service. I want to rightly inform you that, the entire members of Imo Fans Fortress (IMOFAF) – an NGO that fosters unionism among all Imo State occupants, which Comr. Fred Nwaozor is the Leader, is deeply pleased by the potent and selfless service you rendered to the ‘Eastern Heartland’. But, when shall Imo receive your warm handshake or see your enticing and charming face again? A question I would love you to answer without hesitation.

My fellow Imolites, truly Imo was born with a silver spoon, but insecurity and societal social-vices in the state has become a thing of the past due to the unending nurture granted to it by the outgoing Police boss and his team in general with the support and willingness of the Governor of the state, by the special grace of the Almighty. Think about it!

_____________________

FRED NWAOZOR
frednwaozor@gmail.com

No comments:

Featured post

UZODINMA AND BUHARI’S ‘WORKING VISIT’ TO IMO

by Fred Nwaozor The last time I checked, Imo was conspicuously at it again, hence needs to be re-examined by all-concerned for the good ...

MyBlog

Language Translation

ARCHIVE