Thursday 12 September 2013

The Media, Society & People

THE MEDIA, SOCIETY AND THE PEOPLE


As a crime/social analyst, my analyses would not be complete if I fail to speak on this. The interwoven nature of the above tools has called for my humble critique.

Indeed, obscurantism had become the official policy. But, the media remains the answer to any state of transformation from an angle of obscurity to a point of transparency. Even, recent times, people tagged as incorrigible and obstreperous creatures had suddenly become flexible due to the efficacy of the aforementioned tool. Most times, the so-called plenipotentiaries that shy away from the societal eye/mouth piece (media) would end-up being exposed by the panoramic view of the same societal foresight.

Lest I forget, this edition is solely dedicated to my media family, White-paper newspaper. I was compiling this critique before I had a humble encounter with the Editor-in-Chief (MD), Sam Onwuemedo in his noble office which became an avenue to be reminded that, the family in question would be celebrating/marking her third year anniversary on the 9th of September being yesterday. So, in other words, I’m tendering my critique in arrears, though we’re still celebrating because the euphoria continues.

The television, radio, magazines, and newspapers can be referred to as the media. On the other hand, a society is an organization for people who have the same interest, aim or object. While, a people could be defined as all the men, women, and children of a particular country or race. In a concise sentence, any society comprises of the media and a group of people which are directly dependent on each other.

Brethren, over the years, the media has been liberating people in millions of societies from different sorts of bondages; academic, spiritual, political, social, just to mention a few. Barely two days ago at the early hour of the day, I woke up to receive a phone call from one of my cousins residing in Lagos State. The young man asked me to continue thanking and praising God on his behalf for the media has liberated him from a certain social bondage. I tried to understand the genesis of his story/thanksgiving by asking him to expatiate. He told me that it was a long story, but promised to lay down the full gist when next we meet. Finally I succeeded in getting the tip of the iceberg from him. He said that, he had been a good listener to a certain radio programme being broadcast in Lagos State and was consistent in deriving his listening pleasure. One fateful day, he was privileged to be listening to an episode that has to do with one of his social ills/diseases which seemed indelible. At the end of the programme, he was totally filled with the Holy Spirit or was completely delivered from the ailment. That was the tip of the iceberg. Believe me, I’m yet to know the ailment in question.

Frankly speaking without taking much of our time, the media has done novel therefore deserves honourable mentions. It’s no longer news that a society without the media is completely blind. And I doubt if there’s any society suffering from total blindness. In other words, there’s no society that is yet to know/acknowledge the efficacy of the media.

For any leadership to be successful, the leader(s) in question must embrace the media. For adequate education to be ascertained, the media must be recognized. To obtain a crime-free society, the media would be required. For any given society to experience a socio-economic growth or emancipation, the media must not be left aside. Umu nnam, agam eku di ole yara ole; my kinsmen, which am I to speak and which am I to leave? Honestly, there’re too numerous goodness attached to the media.

My media family, white-paper Media Limited, the maker of the newspaper that truly elicits thinking is not far from the aforementioned quality. On this note, I’m giving kudos to the entire members of the blazing team; most especially my producer (publisher) and my noble editor, Sam Onwuemedo and Ken Uwasomba respectively, for their editorial guidance. Surely, just as our mission stipulates; we’re practicing journalism to the Glory of God. To God be the Glory!

Happy birthday White-paper newspaper. I’m in good position to say that, you deserve the ongoing state of euphoria or celebration galore because I’ve been with you right from when you started business. Continue to mean business; I’m solidly behind you. By His grace, we’ll surely get to the promise-land. It’s a fact. Yes a fancy fact!!



COMR. FRED NWAOZOR







No comments:

Featured post

UZODINMA AND BUHARI’S ‘WORKING VISIT’ TO IMO

by Fred Nwaozor The last time I checked, Imo was conspicuously at it again, hence needs to be re-examined by all-concerned for the good ...

MyBlog

Language Translation

ARCHIVE