Sunday 25 August 2013

The doomed churches

THE DOOMED CHURCHES AND THEIR FALSE PROPHESIES


Brethren, it amuses my humble cerebrum each time I realize that many still believe that the sky is the limit of any upward target. Similarly, it beats my psyche whenever I see any fellow who believes that he/she owns or can control the universe.

Maybe you don’t comprehend my insinuation; so let’s have it this way. The last time I checked, I thoroughly understood that millions of Nigerians were yet to acknowledge the true meaning of supremacy. In the same vein, I also realized that many were yet to know that their origin or lineage can only be traced to a certain superior being.

Two weeks ago, a childhood fellow called from Lagos State over the telephone to register his grievances towards some lackadaisical attitudes being displayed by most Nigerian leaders or political office holders. In his preamble, he frankly told me that Nigeria was still sleeping. It was an amusing but challenging preface. Honestly, going by the manner in which he came up with the introduction, it was as if he was seeing Fred Nwaozor as the Nigeria in question. So I urged him to expatiate in an elementary language with the excuse that I had a very stressful day therefore my brain was not meant to function adequately. He proceeded by telling me that if a country like Nigeria was yet to understand democracy or yet to define the term in a language that everyone would understand, apparently she was still day-dreaming. At this juncture, I needed not a prophet, be it false or true to interpret to me that my dear friend was penalizing the political leaders in his God given heart. Who was I to tell the poor man that he was not making sense since every cry must have a cause or an origin.

Lest I forget, we’re discussing or about to discuss the doomed churches and their false prophesies. Before I accepted this topic, I sought for my usual immunity from He who sent me because I knew I was bound to face some challenges or consequences the moment I agreed to write on it. Since my immunity is assured, so He in me is far greater than he that is in the world. Thus, the Lord is good!

Quite alright, many have taken into institutional crime but the worst of it is the idea of establishing religious institutions that do not worth it. It doesn’t just beats my psyche but makes me go crazy each time I realize that many mistake the benevolent attitude of the supremacy to a foolish gesture. On the other hand, I often feel dizzy whenever I come across people living with shallow or minute brains. My observation does not call for any alarm because it’s a fact.

Yes, many have sinned and come short of the glory of God. But it’s extremely disgusting to see many as not just sinners but sin producers/manufacturers. God please kindly forgive your poor child if he has judged his fellow mankind, though I strongly believe that I’m communicating as one of your apostles. In other words, I was well ordained by you to do this job.

But if I must analyze, I shouldn’t be disproved in any way because truly men have derailed greatly. If not, why should someone or a mere mortal wake up one morning and sees him/herself as the supremacy; why should my fellow soul assume to be the creator of other souls? This lingering mentality amongst most men has constituted the emergence of several religious outlets in the name of churches, ministries, chapels as the case may be found all over the nooks and crannies in our society. Surely, all crimes are blasphemous but this very one is beyond blasphemy therefore ought not to be seen as a mere crime but a sacrilege.

The issue is not just causing a church/ministry to exist but the high rate of false prophesies attached to it remain the bone of contention. For those of you who are not myopic when it calls for observing the society plight, you will agree with me that the origin/genesis of most divided homes today could be attributed to false prophesy. For instance, a so-called prophet or reverend would walk up to one of the brethren in his congregation and tell him/her that one of his/her brothers or sisters is the sole cause of his/her predicament. So many other similar cases have been taking place in most of these prison yards known as “churches or ministries” found in our blessed society. Beloved, is not just false prophesy, but the rate of rape, murder and other numerous atrocities or social vices allegedly indulge by these “men of God” on a daily basis have remained the order of the day.

Should we continue to be silent, or should we remain dumbfounded or astonished till the whole of our houses/homes would be turned to places of doom. Isn’t it enough; or isn’t a word enough for the wise? Think about it!



____________________

    FRED NWAOZOR

Social analyst & activist

No comments:

Featured post

UZODINMA AND BUHARI’S ‘WORKING VISIT’ TO IMO

by Fred Nwaozor The last time I checked, Imo was conspicuously at it again, hence needs to be re-examined by all-concerned for the good ...

MyBlog

Language Translation

ARCHIVE