Wednesday 7 August 2013

The Mystery called Love

  THE MYSTERY CALLED LOVE
        Brethren, I’ve come to a conclusion that everyone has suddenly become an analyst. Please don’t get me wrong. In essence, I actually meant that lately I’ve discovered that there are different kinds of analysts littered all over.
        Based on my research so far, i’ve succeeded in finding out that we as well have the road side analysts. The question behind this discovery is; who’re the road-side analysts? If I must answer that question then I will simply say that, the road side analysts are those laymen found on every street across the globe discussing issues of the day. They are found all over the nooks and crannies. Go to any stationary vendor, you must find them. Even at the market arena, their presence is highly loaded. Above all; in a more professional mode, take a walk to any office close to you or in your neighbourhood, you shall witness the melodrama yourself.
         To be honest, I’ve been coming across the aforementioned phenomenon for decades now but I’ve been granting it a deaf ear and as well blind eye with the false thought that it causes no harm to the people or the society at large. The area that brought my attention closely is that of love. Of late I discovered that, love which I tagged as a mystery has been greatly misunderstood or misused. To be candid, the road side love/emotion analysts have intensely abused the precious tool (love) which remains a mystery to mankind.
         Lest I forget; please endeavour to access our facebook page, “Fancy Facts” and tender your reactions accordingly or any problem you would like us to solve either in camera or publicly. You can also suggest any topic of your choice you would like us to treat/analyze. Never mind the digression. Let’s ride on!
          Barely four days ago, Thursday 11th of July precisely, a childhood friend of mine residing in Lagos State, Nigeria gave me a very remarkeable call in respect to “love” in the early morning of the day at about 6:04 am to be precise. As soon as I picked the call, after the exchange of pleasantaries that had to do with “hello” and “goodmorning pal”, the introductory speech from him reads, “Sorry for waking you up at this time of the day, but I’ve decided not to remain silent anymore”. Truly it was a shocking preamble but I remaind calm hoping to hear something of more tangible value, though I managed to exclaim “What’s the matter?” He proceeded by informing me that he had been betrayed by love. This time it was quite amusing though I kept to myself. He further told me that the lady whom he had made up his mind to settle down with just left him or had succeeded in walking out on his life. I also learnt from him that he has been dating the lady for three years now. And according to him, both parties were deeply in love to each other until lately when anomalies transpired. He tried to find out what actually prompted the plight to no avail till he finds himself in this mess. Still on the phone conversation; after a slight enquiry coupled with few  advices, I promised to get back to him in subsequent time.
        But beloved, if we must get it right or if the truth must be told; in regard to the above scenario, what in the real sense made my friend to believed that the lady in question truly loved him as he presumed? This is a question we all must endeavour to ask ourselves whilst in any relationship irrespective of the nature of the affair. In addition, another question we are bound to ask ourselves is this; what actually makes you feel that you’re in love with your partner? Please try and unravel the puzzle.
        I’ve said it time without number that one can’t just fall in love with someone. There are tangible ingredients that initiate love. An assumed love that was not initiated by distinct qualities is simply lust or in other words, infatuation. Suffice to say; the person being loved must possess some lovely or loveable qualities that would make his/her partner loving. There is no two ways about it.
       To be frank, there are more attached to love than we preach. And if the truth must be said or if the factual fact must be stated, I’ll loudly say that we’re yet to understand the true meaning of love. Honestly love has no two interpretations; there’s only one interpretation (meaning) attached to love. And until we acknowledge this fact, we shall continue to encounter miseries and as well abuse this precious gift that was granted by God Himself.
        According to the context of this edition, a mystery is something that is not understood or known about. Thus, since we’re yet to comprehend love’s origin, efficacy, mechanism and above all, its real essence here on earth, then it ought to be seen as a mystery to mankind. Think about it!

COMR. FRED NWAOZOR
Social analyst & activist
____________________
    +2348099250401  
        
           

No comments:

Featured post

UZODINMA AND BUHARI’S ‘WORKING VISIT’ TO IMO

by Fred Nwaozor The last time I checked, Imo was conspicuously at it again, hence needs to be re-examined by all-concerned for the good ...

MyBlog

Language Translation

ARCHIVE